Leftover Turkey and Potato Pie
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
680g/1lb 8oz leftover turkey, diced
6 tomatoes, seeds removed, diced
150ml/¼ pint chicken stock
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
225g/8oz diced leftover vegetables (carrots, parsnips and sprouts)
115g/4oz frozen peas
salt and freshly ground black pepper
450g/1lb roast potatoes
25g/1oz melted butter
Use up all your Christmas dinner leftovers with this ingenious pie - leftover turkey, parsnips and sprouts topped with roast potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion and chopped garlic. Cook until softened but not coloured.
- Add the chopped turkey meat and cook until lightly coloured.
- Add the diced tomatoes, pour in the stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil
- Simmer until it starts to thicken, then add the diced vegetables and peas and bring up to the boil
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour into a large pie dish. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Slice the roast potatoes and lay carefully on top of the turkey mixture.
- Brush with melted butter and bake until hot in the middle and the potatoes are coloured, about 30 minutes.